REFRESH @ ST NICHOLAS CHURCH
DHA Architects were appointed to oversee the restoration of the principle elevations of this 1950s romanesque style church.
This involved brickwork cleaning and re-pointing, new stone parapets and a stone apex cross.
St Michael's Church is the centre of the Polish Catholic community in Birmingham. The current building was constructed in a Neoclassical Doric style in 1802, however, refurbishment works in the 1960's had largely covered over the features of interest.
This commission required DHA Architects to re-order, refurbish and extend the existing Church to create an atmosphere which was warm, well lit and welcoming to foster a greater sense of the full and active participation of the entire assembly.